“ I know some of my current and former teachers read these, so saying ‘no’ could be unwise. Honestly, though, I’m apprehensive to answer either way. Teachers are about the least dangerous segment of the population to be carrying guns. However, teens and young children tend to be a bit less stable, and it would be easier for us to get a hold of firearms if teachers carried them in school. “No matter what, something has to happen to prevent the next Sandy Hook shooting. I think most students and faculty would feel more comfortable with armed teachers than the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees