A 27-year-old man who reportedly led police on a chase on Highway 99 and fled after spike strips disabled his car was in Douglas County Jail Saturday after police found him hiding in an industrial park. Patrick Mallatt, whose city of residence was not available, was driving a silver Subaru at about 2:45 a.m. Saturday on Highway 99 north near Sutherlin city limits when police attempted to stop him for a traffic violation, according to a Sutherlin Police Department press release. The officer followed Mallatt but lost sight of the vehicle as it was headed toward Winchester. The Subaru was …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees