The Roseburg High boys lacrosse team is looking to claim its third consecutive Midwestern League championship this season after falling to Lakeridge in the second round of the OHSLA playoffs last spring. Dave Heverly, who’s in his 12th year as Roseburg’s coach, is the reigning Midwestern Coach of the Year and his Indians are coming off of a 14-3 season. The Indians won all 10 of their league contests. “I think that we are going to have another great year in conference, but with having kids that are coming back with a big senior class we are going to be …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees