Considering what he has back, Roseburg High girls golf coach Kevin Hunt believes it’s reasonable to hope for a better finish at the Class 6A State Championships than last season. He also knows that would put the Indians in some historic RHS company. In Hunt’s third year, however, the Indians have plenty of reasons to shoot high, the foremost being four returning golfers who helped them to a sixth-place team finish in their 12th appearance at state last season. “That was an important experience for the girls to have, especially with them being so young and being at state for …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees