Smoking in his own car In a March 14 article about a proposed ban on smoking in a car with children, Sen. Kruse was quoted: “The reason I’m opposing this is, how dare government tell me what I’m going to do in my own car.” As a legislator, Sen. Kruse should know better. Government prohibits him from doing many things in his own car. For example, he cannot kill a child, beat or sexually abuse a child, give a child alcohol or illegal drugs. He cannot let a young child ride without appropriate safety restraints. The law prescribes many other …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees