GLIDE — The Glide baseball team bounced back from its first loss of the season Friday, using a nine-run fourth inning to defeat Sheridan 12-2 in six innings in a nonleague game Saturday at Sewell Field. Eight players had at least one hit for the Wildcats (4-1), with Jake Livingston going 2-for-4 with four runs. Tylan DuBois picked up the pitching decision, allowing one hit and no runs over four innings. He struck out five and walked one. Zach Rose hurled the final two innings. Glide — which is ranked No. 1 in the first Class 3A coaches’ poll — …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees