The national news media is trumpeting the rising demand for housing, which is good news for home builders and, therefore, the U.S. economy, but it’s an added challenge for those in need of affordable homes. As housing prices rise, so does the difficulty of finding a home that is affordable, and that difficulty is one that we at NeighborWorks Umpqua address daily in Douglas, Coos, and Curry counties. In 1991, we developed the first affordable multi-family housing complex in the region in nearly 20 years. Today, we are leading the nation in innovative ways of addressing housing needs. We are, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees