A 70-year-old Roseburg man will serve at least 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting in 2010 an 8-year-old girl in Glide whom he met through a family member. A two-day trial in Douglas County Circuit Court concluded Thursday with a jury finding Daniel Alton Lee guilty of two counts of first-degree sodomy and one count of first-degree sex abuse. Because the victim was younger than 12 years old, Lee faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 300 months for sodomy. He also could be sentenced to another six years and three months for sexual abuse, the mandatory minimum sentence under …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees