A program that seeks creative youth between the ages of 13 and 18 to produce child abuse prevention videos for social media and traditional media outlets is launching its second year in Douglas County. UP2US Now teaches youth technical aspects of media production in a series of eight workshops. Participants also learn about child-abuse prevention. The workshops will be held Jan. 14 through April 22. Applications are due Dec. 23 and those selected for the program will be notified Jan. 7. Information: www.UP2USNOW.org …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees