Douglas County’s Boy and Girl Scouts collected more than 12,000 pounds of food for charities Saturday. The scouts went door-to-door seeking donations as part of an annual, nationwide collection effort. Scouts in Roseburg and Green brought in 7,453 pounds of food to the Salvation Army. In Winston, more than 1,235 pounds were collected for the Winston-Dillard food pantry. Sutherlin and Oakland troops collected more than 3,685 pounds for the Sutherlin food pantry. Glide and South County scouts plan to hold a drive in December. The county’s scouts collected 14,500 pounds of food at last year’s November event and the combined …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees