Embers escaping from a wood stove burned a 4-by-4 hole in the wood floor of a home at 8013 Coos Bay Wagon Road in Lookingglass on Thanksgiving evening. The tenants returned home at 8:46 p.m. after a five-hour absence to find the floor on fire. Firefighters from the Lookingglass Fire Department cut a hole in the floor under and around the wood stove to prevent the fire from spreading to the rest of the home. Chief Gary Hermes said the fire had traveled below the floorboards and burnt through the floor joists underneath. The Lookingglass Fire Department responded with nine …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees