Oakland’s search for a new city recorder may be over after the City Council sent an offer to a second candidate. The City Council chose Ruthann Plumlee in an open meeting Friday, Mayor Bette Keehley said. Plumlee is the former finance director in Oakridge. Plumlee has until Friday to respond to the offer. Keehley said Plumlee’s experience with web pages helped her secure a job offer. The city currently does not have an official web page, and Keehley said the city hopes to change that under the new city recorder. “She has experience in the area,” Keehley said. “We’re looking …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees