A Roseburg teen seriously injured in a rollover accident that killed another Roseburg teen is home from the hospital but still suffering from severe injuries to his head, neck and back. Hector Mandera, 18, was released from Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, in Springfield on Friday. Mandera’s grandfather, Joe Mandera of Umpqua, said today the teen was treated for severe pain Saturday at Mercy Medical Center. Joe Mandera said his grandson will visit a neurosurgeon in Eugene next week. He is able to walk, but will need extensive physical therapy. “He’s in a lot of pain,” Joe Mandera said. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees