Highway 230 south of Diamond Lake was reopened Wednesday afternoon. The highway had been closed since Sunday because of downed trees. The highway connects Highway 138 and Highway 62 in eastern Douglas and Jackson counties. The road was closed between Mileposts 0 and 23 while crews worked to clear it. A combination of high winds, wet soil and heavy wet snow contributed to the problem, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees