The first baby born at Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg in 2013 was a healthy boy weighing 8 pounds, 1 ounce, delivered at 12:36 a.m. today. The parents of the boy wanted no further information released. An even 1,000 babies were born last year at Mercy’s Family Birthing Center, according to charge nurse Garra Bateson. The total is a seven percent increase over 2011, when 939 babies were born and a 14 percent increase over 2010, when 866 live births were recorded. Bateson said an improving economy might be behind the increase. The birthing center also tends to see more …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees