In the spirit of good will The News-Review ran a front-page article on Dec. 10 about a wolf, OR-7. To start the year out right, we need to adopt that wolf as our own. He is a survivor, like Oregonians. We need to rename the wolf 007 James Bond. Like the original 007, the odds are against our wolf. He has traveled alone for hundreds of miles from northeastern Oregon, through Douglas County and into Northern California. In spite of being the only known wolf in the state, he’s rarely seen. Big Brother has tried to shoot him and to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees