The city of Roseburg will host its third geocache event from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunt using GPS devices. Participants find containers, called geocaches, hidden outdoors and then share their experiences online. The event is a free and open to the public. Beginners and people of all ages are welcome. This geocache series consists of five actual caches and 15 virtual caches. Searchers will be led to city parks and sights around Roseburg. A limited-edition commemorative geocoin will be awarded to those who complete the geocache series. The series does not have to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees