A Father Daughter Dance 2013 keepsake will be given to fathers and daughters who bring food donations to the dance, which will begin at 6 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Douglas County Fairgrounds Exhibit Building, 2110 S.W. Frear St. in Roseburg. All food donated will help feed the hungry in Douglas County through the United Community Action Network Food Bank’s emergency food pantries. Nutritious foods like peanut butter, canned meats, stews, canned soups, rice or pasta are the most needed. Food items should be in non-breakable containers, such as boxes or cans. Admission to the dance is $8 in advance …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees