Trained volunteers with the AARP Tax-Aide program will help Douglas County residents prepare their taxes until April 15. AARP membership is not required and clients of all ages are eligible for the free assistance. Nearly 30 Douglas County volunteers participate. They are available at locations around the county. Tax help is available 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at the Roseburg Valley Mall, 1444 N.W. Garden Valley Blvd.; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays at the Winston Community Center, 440 Grape Ave.; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays at C. Giles Hunt Library, 210 E. Central Ave., in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees