A Winston man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of breaking into a woman’s house early New Year’s Day and raping her. Donald G. Andrews, 41, was booked into Douglas County Jail on suspicion of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy. He’s accused of entering the home of a 35-year-old Winston woman at about 2 a.m. The woman reported the incident shortly after it’s alleged to have happened, and the investigation continued all through January, Winston police Detective Sandi Koberstein said. Andrews is being held in lieu of $750,000 bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees