A 37-year-old Roseburg man was arrested Thursday after a witness reported seeing him going through mailboxes in the 1200 block of Southeast Mill Street, Roseburg police said. Donald Ray Marasse was arrested shortly before 10 a.m. without incident on suspicion of giving false information to a police officer, unlawful possession of less than one ounce of marijuana and a probation violation. An officer later found a laptop computer and other property believed to have been discarded by Marasse before his arrest, police said. Police are still investigating who is the owner of the property. Marasse was booked into the Douglas …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees