The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office today blamed an ongoing computer problem for a further restriction in the release of information. The names of people arrested and booked into the jail over the past several days were unavailable. The sheriff’s office has not provided highlights of calls to law enforcement and fire agencies since Jan. 12. Over the weekend, a software change went into effect in the jail, cutting off the information it releases to the public,. The change in software affects all police departments in Douglas County, all professional fire departments and many of the volunteer departments. Firefighters now see …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees