A citizens committee formed to discuss problems related to train crossings will seek comments from drivers at a meeting 10 a.m. Feb. 11 at Wilbur Methodist Church, 757 North Bank Road. The church is near the intersection of Old Highway 99 and North Bank Road between Winchester and Sutherlin. Attendees are invited to talk about train crossings near Wilbur that interfere with vehicle traffic. The meeting follows a Jan. 21 gathering of the group, Wilbur Rail Rage, in which participants identified vehicle traffic delays and possible solutions. Questions were sent to a representative of Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad. The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees