The Roseburg School District is offering free parenting classes to the parents of 4- and 5-year-old children who will start kindergarten in September. The classes, which will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on March 12, April 9 and May 14 at various elementary schools, are free to families whose children will attend one the Roseburg School District’s Title I funded schools. Kindergarten teachers and school staff will teach the parenting classes at Eastwood, Fullerton IV, Fir Grove, Green, Rose, Sunnyslope and Winchester elementary schools. Free child care will be provided. Class topics will include information about learning in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees