Umpqua Valley Habitat for Humanity is seeking a family to live in one half of a duplex it is building in Roseburg. The family must invest 500 hours of “sweat equity” in the home’s construction. To be eligible, the family must be low-income and live in substandard housing. The chosen family will be the 10th to move into a home built by the Umpqua chapter. Information: 541-672-6182 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees