The Elkton Community Education Center is hosting a Saint Patrick’s Day Irish meal at 6 p.m. March 14 at the Community Building, 15850 Highway 38, Elkton. The meal will include both traditional and unusual dishes plus coffee or punch and dessert. Suggested donation is $10 each. For reservations call 541-584-2692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11. Local musicians will play Irish fiddle, mandolin and guitar during the event. Proceeds benefit the center, a non-profit organization that provides educational and artistic opportunities to all ages. Information: 541-584-2692. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees