The Roseburg Visitors and Convention Commission will accept applications through May 13 for grants of up to $4,999 for projects to increase tourism. Preference will be given to capital projects and efforts to market Roseburg to tourists. Projects to boost tourism in the off-season, from October through May, are also favored. City hotel and motel taxes will foot the bill. Information: www.cityofroseburg.org, 541-492-6866 or City Hall, 900 S.E. Douglas Ave. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees