Roseburg Booster Club members shocked/floored/honored me Thursday night with the Booster of the Year Award. My response in thanks was very short. For someone who is used to speaking in front of crowds, extemporaneous speaking doesn’t come easily. I do better when I have time to listen to my heart and then record what it tells me. Here’s what it subsequently said: I hope you were squirming, along with me, at the outlandishly large number of times emcee and Roseburg High graduate Knute Buehler mentioned my name in his talk. Seriously, do YOU want YOUR name brought up every fourth …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees