A 32-year-old transient was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly yelling that he had a knife and wanted to kill someone in the area of Lane and Cass avenues, police said. Nicholas Ryan Mitchell was intoxicated around 10:45 p.m. when he made the threat, police said. Roseburg police Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said Mitchell did not have a knife when officers contacted him. He was arrested without incident on suspicion of disorderly conduct. Mitchell was booked into the Douglas County Jail and held in lieu of $2,500 bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees