The Friends of the Umpqua Hiking Club is planning a March 30 hike from Blacklock Point to Flores Lake, south of Bandon on the coast. Hiking distance can depend on participants and the weather, but generally this is a moderate round trip of four to six miles out and back. Another option is an eight-mile shuttle that takes hikers to Flores Lake after visiting Blacklock Point. Organizers say the hike offers gorgeous ocean views, lush coastal forests and sculpted cliffs along the ocean. The group meets with the goal of leaving at 8 a.m. in the parking lot off Fowler …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees