Gov. John Kitzhaber canceled a trip to Roseburg Wednesday due to rough weather. He flew to Bend Wednesday morning for meetings but was unable to continue on to Roseburg. His staff said the forecast for clouds and rain and a shorter runway in Roseburg contributed to the decision. Kitzhaber was set to meet with National Guard officials about local reintegration efforts, tour the Automotive Technology Program at Umpqua Community College and meet with The News-Review editorial board. The visit has not yet been rescheduled. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees