GARDEN VALLEY Parakeet dies in house fire The American Red Cross assisted two people affected by a house fire on Saturday afternoon in Garden Valley that killed a pet parakeet. The fire broke out around 1 p.m. at a home in the 3000 block of Cleveland Hill Road, west of Roseburg, said Kim Upham, a spokeswoman for the Red Cross. Upham said the home’s two residents and their dog were unharmed. The Red Cross provided them with counseling and comfort kits, she said. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees