The Friends of the Umpqua Hiking Club is planning an April 13 hike on the North Bank Habitat, close to Wilbur. The hike will start at the eastern trailhead, from the Comstock Day Use parking area. Hikers will take the Blacktail Basin trail up to the north boundary, then angle down the Soggy Bottoms trail and loop back to the parking lot. Organizers say the trek is a moderate hike of about 6.5 miles, with options for a longer distance. Routes may be changed, depending on the weather trail conditions. The group meets in the Douglas County Courthouse parking lot …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees