Support local education bond Our students don’t have books! Is this troubling to anyone else? Our children are attending schools that have curriculum more than five years old or worse, nonexistent. This should be unacceptable to every Roseburg resident. Our students don’t have computers. In today’s world computer knowledge is crucial. The computers in our classrooms are so old they cannot be used to take state-mandated tests. The technology is so antiquated it cannot be used to access today’s best teaching tools. Our students are attending schools that need more than $10 million in critical/urgent maintenance. We aren’t talking about …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees