NeighborWorks Umpqua will become the second recipient of the Giving Heart Award at a ceremony held at 11 a.m. April 17 at NeighborWorks Umpqua, 605 S.E. Kane St. Roseburg resident Caryl Baum organized the event in honor of her late mother, Mary Jane Jordan. The award winner is chosen monthly from those nominated by community members for community service. NeighborWorks was chosen for its “excellence and commitment to transforming homes, communities and lives,” she said. “They’re just wonderful people and they do a lot for this community.” Giving Heart Award nominations can be sent to Caryl Baum c/o Saving Freedom, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees