RIDDLE — Thanks to a myriad of walks, the Riddle High softball team needed just 19 hits to notch 27-1 and 25-5 District 2 wins Saturday against Monroe. Destiny Serda had the longest of those — a pair of home runs in the opener, including a fourth-inning grand slam. She went 3-for-3 with two walks and seven RBIs in the contest. Kelsey Reid doubled and was on base four times with five RBIs and Sarah Linton went 3-for-3 with an RBI. Reid had two more hits in the nightcap while Rebecca Jasper hit a two-run double and Daisha Budel a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees