LOS ANGELES — Andrew Moore scattered four hits in 6 2/3 innings and Max Engelbrekt and Scott Schultz combined for 2 1/3 innings of scoreless relief as the sixth-ranked Oregon State baseball team shut out No. 10 UCLA, 5-0, Saturday at Jackie Robinson Stadium. The Beavers’ win evened the series at one game apiece. The clubs conclude the series at 1 p.m. today. “I’m proud of the way this team fought back after a tough loss on Friday,” Oregon State head coach Pat Casey said. “Andrew gave us a great start and Max and Scott did a great job in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees