Will Brennan honor rights? Recently, John Brennan was sworn in as CIA Director in a private ceremony conducted by Vice President Joe Biden. Foregoing the traditional swearing-in format, Brennan chose instead of hand on a Bible, a hand on an original draft of the Constitution, one that didn’t include the Bill of Rights (the first 10 amendments to the Constitution). Recall that in confirmation hearings, Brennan came under fire for refusing to answer questions on our individual liberties enshrined in the Bill of Rights and ratified in 1791, four years after the original draft of the Constitution. In other words, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees