SEATTLE — The fifth-ranked Oregon State baseball team dropped a Pac-12 doubleheader to Washington Saturday afternoon at Husky Ballpark, losing 5-1 and 10-3. An eight-run eighth inning gave the Huskies (11-25, 5-9 Pac-12) the come-from-behind win in Game 2. The Beavers (29-8, 10-4) took a 3-1 lead when Kavin Keyes ripped a bases-loaded triple. Andrew Moore worked 6 1/3 innings and did not figure in the decision. The right-hander out of North Eugene High allowed seven hits and two runs while striking out four and walking one. In the opener, Matt Boyd took the loss for the Beavers. The southpaw …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees