Owners of homes and businesses are invited to register for the Umpqua Energy Exchange, which will be from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. May 4. Participants will gather at Roseburg Glass Co., 719 S.E. Spruce St. The workshop is sponsored by the Douglas County Global Warming Coalition with a theme of “Business and Residential Building Retrofits for Energy Efficiency.” Guests can see how Roseburg Glass owners Don and Stephanie Ramberg retrofitted an old building. From there, the workshop moves to the Umpqua Business Center, 522 Washington Ave. A building tour, lunch, displays and program are scheduled at the former site …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees