A 38-year-old Roseburg man was arrested Monday on suspicion of stealing a state-issued benefits card from the mail and using it to make a purchase at Walmart, police said today. Alan James Miller was booked into the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of fraudulent use of a credit card, third-degree theft, identity theft, theft of mail and computer crime. The 24-year-old victim reported that someone took an electronic benefits transfer card issued by the Department of Human Services from him mail and used it. Police said they identified Miller as a suspect during an investigation. Miller was in custody today …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees