DOUGLAS COUNTY Hikers tackle Dread & Terror The Friends of the Umpqua Hiking Club will take on the North Umpqua Trail’s Dread and Terror section on May 11. The location is a substitution for other plans that had to be altered. The trek will be about 6.5 miles and is described as a moderate round trip, with the option of extending the hike down the trail. The trailhead is near the Umpqua Hot Springs. Those not joining the car pool should turn left off Highway 138 at Toketee-Rigdon Road (Forest Road 34). The parking lot is heavily used, so hikers …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees