A Winston man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of stealing beer 20 minutes after he was released from jail where he had been cited for same offense, police said. Rollin Nate Bochman, 51, was stopped by employees and accused of attempting to steal a beer around 1:30 p.m. from the Southgate Market in the 1900 block of Southeast Stephens Street, police said. He was taken to the Douglas County Jail, where he was cited and released, police said. Police suspect he then tried to steal a beer around 3:30 p.m. from the Short Cut Market in the 500 block of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees