Southbound Interstate 5 traffic was blocked for about 20 minutes after a 1995 Volkswagon van caught fire about 3:30 p.m. Saturday at milepost 97.5 near Canyonville. State Police Trooper Ray Dube said the van was fully engulfed when he arrived on scene. “There were 10-foot flames from the ground up,” Dube said. The problem began with an electrical fire but was exacerbated by a leaky propane tank in the van. The adult male driver and two teenage boys are Medford residents. They were headed home after a tennis tournament in Roseburg. Dube said the driver and his passengers were unhurt …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees