The Southern Oregon Clean Energy Alliance and the Association of Oregon Counties have joined forces to present a free workshop June 5 to teach people how to harness solar energy. Organizers say homeowners, farmers and ranchers looking to control their energy costs can pick up tips from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Myrtle Creek Grange, 661 Riverside Drive. Topics will include advice on the size of system to purchase, budgeting and financing, and how to get started. Information: solarizesouthernoregon.org or 541-440-3725. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees