The ins and outs of Medicare will be explained in a free class set for June 6 at the Douglas County Library. State-certified counselor Toni Rudolph will present information from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the Ford Community Room in the library at 1409 Diamond Lake Blvd. The class is open to anyone, but its focus is people new to Medicare. Family members and caregivers of recipients can benefit as well. Those attending will learn about key deadlines, preventive tests and screenings offered by Medicare. They’ll also discover how they might be affected by the Affordable Care Act. The class …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees