CANYONVILLE — An 18-year-old Canyonville man who suffered head and back injuries when his bicycle was hit by a pickup Monday was in good condition at a Springfield hospital today, officials said. Reuben Benjamin McCloskey was riding his bicycle east on First Street at about 7 p.m. when he pedaled through a stop sign without stopping and into the intersection with Main Street, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. McCloskey was hit on the side by a northbound Ford F-350 pickup driven by Jacob Paul Goodson, 20, of Myrtle Creek. McCloskey was thrown about 20 feet from where the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees