The South County YMCA Extension will host a water safety day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Stanton Park. Water safety tips will be shared. Participants also will have the opportunity to play games and win a free youth life jacket and other prizes. Sponsors include the YMCA, the Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe, Waldron’s Outdoor Sports and the Oregon Community Foundation. Information: 541-839-6117 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees