A groundbreaking ceremony for a parking lot at the Roseburg National Cemetery will be held at noon Friday between the cemetery and Fir Grove Park. A nonprofit group, Guardians of Heroes, spearheaded a successful fundraising campaign to pave the lot at 1770 W. Harvard Ave. The city-owned lot has long been the object of complaints because the unpaved and rough surface is dusty in the summer and muddy in the winter. Veterans groups said the lot was inconvenient for visitors and unfitting for a military cemetery. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees