The Douglas County Board of Commissioners still seeks applicants to fill five open positions on the Douglas County Veterans Advisory Committee. The deadline to apply is Thursday. The committee provides direction and support to the Douglas County Veterans Service Office to help improve services and promote communication among Douglas County veterans groups. The committee also helps with the annual Douglas County Veterans Parade. Committee members may be asked to track state and federal legislation. Committee members will be selected based on involvement in veteran and community activities. Five positions are open. Applications can be obtained in Room 8 or Room …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees